Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Day Tripper

I feel fortunate to live someplace that is so close to so much. Think about it...I could leave in the morning, drive to the mountains and ski all day then get in the car and head west for hot springs and wine tasting the next day. I'm not going to, but I could.

From my house I can be at a dog friendly beach is under an hour or on a canoe in the Russian River in two. There's excellent camping 20 minutes from home (Lake Chabot) or in any direction including San Francisco (Presidio). You don't even have to go to wine country for wine tasting; there's at least half a dozen tasting rooms IN Oakland. 

Redwood forest, coastal headlands, desert, mountains, small town life, city life, hot air balloon rides, sailing, river rafting, hiking, biking, surfing, Oh My! All of these are easily accessible from here. What's your favorite day trip?


2 comments:

  1. I feel the same way about Richmond. Just missing my gal pal, Julia.

    I might rather be in CA...

    ReplyDelete